A winning recipe for the new Chili Competition! As fall arrives this recipe makes for a perfect meal to keep you warm and cosy!!
- Chicken boneless skinless chicken thighs/breast (boiled and shredded) 1 lb/500 gm
- Whole White kidney beans – Two 19 oz/540ml cans
- Chicken stock 6 cups (divided)
- 1 small jalapeño minced (seeds removed)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (green or yellow will do too)
- 3/4 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 cup minced white onion
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro and avocado to garnish (optional)
White bean puree
- Blend one can of the white kidney beans with one cup of chicken stock into a smooth puree. Set aside.
- Heat a deep pot to medium high heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil heats up add the garlic, onions, jalapeño, red bell pepper, sweet corn, the remaining can of white kidney beans, black pepper, salt and the boiled and shredded chicken thighs. Give it a good mix.
- Then add the white bean puree and 5 cups of chicken stock. Mix well.
- Increase the heat to high and let the chili come to a boil. Turn off the heat once the chili comes to a rolling boil.
- Finally garnish with some chopped cilantro and sliced avocado. Enjoy the white chicken chili. This is a perfect meal to welcome the Fall season!
*You can also use leftover rotisserie chicken for this recipe.