Gluten free Cassava Flour tortilla
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup gluten free finely ground oat flour
- 1 Tbsp Psyllium husk powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- in a bowl or a large plate with deep sides add the cassava flour, oat flour, psyllium husk powder, salt and 1/2 Tbsp of the olive oil. Mix with your hands.
- Then add the warm water a little bit at a time until the dough comes together.
- Finally add the remaining 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil and knead the dough until the oil is incorporated in the dough.
- Then divide the dough into 6 equal portions (I use a kitchen weighing scale for best results).
- Using a tortilla press or a rolling pin press or roll out 6 tortillas. I recommend using parchment paper for both the tortilla press and rolling pin method (place the dough ball between two pieces of parchment paper and press/roll).
- Heat a pan to high and then cook the tortilla for 2 minutes on each side.
- For best results let the tortillas sit for 10 minutes in a tortilla warmer before eating them. In this way you will get super soft tortillas.
*The oat flour and psyllium husk powder provide the soft texture to these tortillas and therefore are very important ingredients for this recipe. I’ve tried these tortillas with only cassava flour and they tend to be pretty hard. I’ve found that the above combination works the best!