- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp + 1 Tsp All Purpose Spice mix (Recipe Below)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cabbage (white or purple)
- 1/2 cup plain Mayonnaise (I usually use a Mayo that is made with 100% Avocado oil or Olive oil)
- 1/2 Tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 deg F and line a baking sheet with aluminium foil or parchment paper.
- To a large bowl add the diced sweet potatoes, the all purpose spice mix, olive oil and salt. Mix it well ensuring that every little piece of sweet potato is coated with the spice.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes on to the lined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven at 400 deg F for 25 – 30 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking take another bowl and add the shredded cabbage, mayo and black pepper. Mix well. If the Mayo that you are using doesn’t contain salt then add salt to taste. Set aside.
- After 25 minutes check for the doneness of the sweet potatoes. If completely baked, you should be able to easily cut through the diced sweet potato with a knife.
- To assemble the tacos, place the tortillas on a taco stand or a plate. Place a couple table spoons of the cabbage slaw mixture and then finally top it with a couple table spoons of the sweet potatoes.
- This recipe should give you 8-10 tacos if using small 4” tortillas or 6-8 tacos if using 6” tortillas.
Check out my homemade gluten free Cassava flour tortilla recipe which goes wonderfully with these sweet potato tacos by clicking here!
If you like this recipe, also check out my Chicken Tacos recipe by clicking here!
All Purpose Spice Mix:
Watch the chicken tacos video above for the spice mix recipe.
- 2 tbsp Mexican red chilli powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
Add all the above mentioned spices to a bowl and mix together. Transfer the spice mix to your favourite spice jar.
** I decided to leave salt out of this spice mix on purpose. In this way, you can adjust the quantity of salt as per your preference and depending on what dish you are using the spice mix for. This mix is so versatile. It will add a beautiful flavour to any meat, fish or veggie dish. I always have a jar full of the all purpose spice mix in my pantry!