- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Cut open a ripe avocado and remove its pit. Remove the flesh of the avocado and place it into a food processor or blender.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of chocolate chips or chopped chocolate and place in a microwave safe bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in two bouts of 30 seconds stirring the chocolate after each bout. You can also melt the chocolate using a double boiler.
- To the food processor add the cacao or cocoa powder, almond milk, agave nectar, melted chocolate, vanilla extract and sea salt.
- Blend it all together until you one homogeneous mixture. You may need to scrape down the sides of the food processor or blender jar a couple times in order to ensure that all the ingredients are well blended.
- The mousse is ready to be eaten! You can have it as soon as it is blended or if you prefer a thicker consistency, then refrigerate it in an airtight container for a couple hours.
- This mouse will store well in the refrigerator for up to a week in an airtight container. You can also freeze it for up to a month.
- Have the mousse as is or top it with some berries or coconut whipped cream!