- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup minced onions
- 1/2 cup minced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cilantro roughly minced
- 3 green chillies thinly minced
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp Oil for cooking
- 3/4 to 1 cup water
- To a large bowl add the chickpea flour, white rice flour, salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Mix it all together.
- Then add water and whisk. Add enough water until you get a pouring consistency. You will need about 3/4 to 1 cup of water for this.
- Then add the onions, tomatoes, cilantro and green chillies. Fold it all in.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium high heat and brush will some oil.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the batter on to the heated pan. Let cook for 3 minutes, flip and then cook for 2 minutes.
- This batter will give you 4 omelettes. These best eaten hot off the pan.
- You can make the batter a day ahead and refrigerate it in an airtight container. Just let it come to room temperature before making the omelettes.