- 2 medium sized zucchinis grated
- 2 free range eggs
- 10 large shrimp cut into small pieces
- 4 green onions minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- Salt to taste
- Grate the zucchinis and place in a cheesecloth or nut milk bag. Squeeze all the water out of the grated zucchinis. The more water you can squeeze out the better. You can save the zucchini water to add to a green smoothie later.
- Then, add the above water removed grated zucchinis to a large bowl followed by the eggs and whisk together.
- Add the cassava flour, red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt. Mix it all together. At this point it may seem like the mixture is very dry and won’t come together. Do not worry! Keep mixing it and soon enough it will all come together.
- Then add the cut shrimp and scallions and fold them into the mixture.
- Heat a skillet to medium high and add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add 1/4 cup of the mixture to the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes and flip. Continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Place the cooked fritters on a plate lined with some paper towels in order to soak up any of the extra oil.
- This recipe will make about 8 fritters. I love dipping these in some organic sriracha sauce or mayonnaise.