Healthy chocolate banana bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 cup finely ground oat flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground almond flour
- 2 tbsp cassava flour
- 1/2 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup or 4 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup or 4 Tbsp or 60 ml almond milk
- 1/4 cup or 4 tbsp or 60 ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F and grease a 9”x5” loaf pan with coconut oil.
- To a bowl add the oat flour, almond flour, cassava flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk it all together and set aside.
- In a larger bowl, add the ripe bananas and mash them well.
- Then add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix it all together.
- To the above mixture add the almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil and whisk well.
- Then add the almond milk and give it a good whisk.
- Now add the dry mix into the wet mixture and fold it all in.
- Finally toss the chocolate chips with 1/4 Tsp of the cacao powder and then add it to the above batter. Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the chocolate banana bread cool in the tin for 15-20 minutes. Then invert it on to a cooling rack and let it cool completely before digging into it.
- You can store the banana bread in an airtight container and refrigerate it for up to a week. You can also slice it up and freeze it in an airtight container for up to a month. This makes for a very delicious yet healthy breakfast on the go!