- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp flaxseed powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- To a bowl add the buckwheat flour, flaxseed powder, baking powder, coconut sugar and salt. Mix it all together.
- To another bowl add the egg and vanilla. Whisk it together. Then add the almond milk & coconut oil and whisk until well combined.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix it all together until you get a homogenous mixture. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, start your waffle iron. Spray cooking spray to the waffle iron. Use a heat resistant brush to ensure that the iron is well greased. Add the batter to the hot waffle iron. The quantity of batter will depend on the size of your waffle iron. I used 1/4 cup of the batter for my mini waffle iron.
- Cook the waffle for the duration recommended for the individual waffle iron. I find that 4 minutes gives me the perfect golden waffle.
- Top with the your favourite berries. I love using strawberries and my homemade vegan chocolate sauce.
- You will get 8 mini waffles with this recipe. Enjoy!